Latest Journal Entries
- We're Hiring: Music Programme Curator 18 Jan 2022
- We're Hiring: Visual Arts Curator 18 Jan 2022
- Made On Mull: An Tobar and Mull Theatre Associate Artists Programme 2022/23 11 Jan 2022
- Every Brilliant Thing: Spotify Playlist 01 Nov 2021
- Mike Darling, Visual Arts Curator 01 Nov 2021
Made On Mull: An Tobar and Mull Theatre Associate Artists Programme 2022/23
11 Jan 2022
MADE ON MULL: An Tobar and Mull Theatre Associate Artists Programme 2022/23
An Tobar & Mull Theatre is a multi-artform creative hub on the Hebridean island of Mull.
We’re looking for five artists working across any discipline to be part of our inaugural Associate Artists programme.
We want to hear from practitioners working in any artistic discipline who are keen to engage meaningfully with us, and our community to create new works over the next 12 – 36 months.
We are offering residency time, mentoring and seed commission funding to support the creation of new works which we hope to be able to present as part of our programme in future.
We will prioritise artists whose lived experience resonates with that of our island community and who are committed to making work inspired by our Hebridean context.
What we’re offering
5 Associateships running for one year from 1 April 2022 and comprising:
· 1 week’s group residency to share ideas and encourage cross-pollination (5th – 10th April 2022)
· 1 week’s solo residency to develop a new work (Dates to be mutually agreed)
· £500 per week fee for each artist for the two residency weeks
· £2000 seed commission for each artist
· Travel, accommodation and subsistence
· A small budget for tickets to artistic and cultural experiences
· A £500 budget for each artist to create a bespoke mentoring programme
In exchange for this, we will ask for first refusal to co-produce or present the premiere of any new works arising from the residency and that any future presentations acknowledge the contribution of An Tobar and Mull Theatre and Made on Mull.
Please send us in written, visual or recorded form:
· A CV or summary of your artistic practice to date (1 A4 side or 2 minutes).
· An outline of the project you would like to work on during your residency time in Mull (300 words or 2 minutes).
· A question about your artistic practice that you would hope to answer during the residency.
· A description of an artistic or cultural experience that you found transformative (300 words or 2 minutes).
· A completed EO monitoring form
· Email your applications to our Assistant Producer Mark Iles at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 18th February 2022
We will interview shortlisted candidates by Zoom w/c 21st February 2022