Latest Journal Entries
- Mull Theatre Presents Emergence: Two Brand New Plays For The Theatre 15 Sep 2020
- Emergence: Introducing Ashley Smith and Simon Donaldson 27 Aug 2020
- Emergence: Introducing Martin Low, Simon Liddell and Jessica Brettle 21 Aug 2020
- Emergence: Introducing Beth Morton and Jamie Wardrop 14 Aug 2020
- Emergence: Writers And Dates Announcement 03 Aug 2020
The GRIT Orchestra at Celtic Connections
01 Jan 2020
A triumphant opening concert this year at Celtic Connections with the excellent and exuberant GRIT Orchestra! The concert hall buzzed in anticipation with the orchestra featuring a hand-picked array of Scottish folk, jazz and classical artists including Gordon & Sorren Maclean, revisiting the music of the much-lamented Martyn Bennett.
With a new six-part piece commissioned to mark the looming 700th anniversary of the Declaration of Arbroath. That document was an assertion of Scottish autonomy, but bandleader Greg Lawson introduced the suite – composed by six members of the ensemble – as a celebration of the concept of freedom.
Conductor Greg Lawson said, “We must strive to be different and understand our differences – which will make us stronger.”
You can read the 4 star review from The Guardian here
Photography: Gaelle Beri